Saturday, March 21, 2009

Nutmeg Crepes with Black Cherry Filling

Flash update:

Here's a yummy variation on the Blueberry Crepes I posted in January, Nutmeg Crepes with Black Cherry Filling. Follow the recipe for Blueberry Crepes, substituting cherries for blueberries and mixing a 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg into your batter before cooking.

Bonus Substitution Fix: Plain Yogurt Cream Dollop

I didn't have sour cream in my fridge to make this:

Cream Dollop:

Whip these ingredients together with an electric whisk or mixer:

4 ounces cream cheese $1 (@$2 per 8 ounce package)
1/2 cup sour cream $.56 (@$2.25 per 16 ounce container)
3 tablespoons milk
1/4 cup sugar


So I substituted the 1/2 cup of sour cream with plain Nancy's Low Fat Yogurt. It was runnier - so less a dollop, more a sauce - but tangy, providing a nice balance to the sweet cherries. Minicrat tried to eat the whole bowl herself and would have succeeded if I didn't snap out of my stove zone to snatch it away from her just in time.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment