Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Week - New Shopping List

After a few days of socializing and eating out with friends late last week, I was ready to get back in the kitchen and make some yummies - but my body wasn't. By Saturday night, it was clear I was fighting off yet another of the germs brought home from kindergarten by our little petri dish. By noon Sunday, Daddycrat, tired of subsisting on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, announced that he would be going to the store whether I liked it or not and that I could give him a list if I so wished.

Here's what I asked him to get:

Organic Vegetables
Organic Meat if available
Milk & Cheese
A few staples like onions, broth and flour


He did an excellent job, picking up Acorn squash, butternut squash, beets, apples, oranges, tomatoes, tofu, chicken, pork loin, beans, lentils, Lemons, Limes, Jack Cheese, Plain Yogurt, raisins, peanuts and more. Although he didn't keep receipts, we spent about $150 for almost two weeks worth of food, not including snacks and take-out we may buy here and there.

We bought a LOT of vegetables this week, including some like squash that I've only recently started cooking with. I think it will be a challenge to use them all, so stay tuned. Vegetable madness may ensue.

1 comment:

  1. Please bring me soup. We can eat it while watching the movie "Some Like It Hot." Or we can just watch the play-by-play about Sam Adams as it unfolds today.

    ReplyDelete